What is ECO Net?
ECO Net (Education, Communication and Outreach Network) is a Sound-wide network of professionals working to help save Puget Sound. It draws on the combined experience, skills and community-level knowledge of local organizations and individuals while linking to and benefiting from regional resources and a comprehensive vision for restoring Puget Sound. There are twelve local ECO Networks across the twelve counties of Puget Sound. Each Local ECO Net has a designated coordinator and meetings are held at least quarterly.
Events & Funding Opportunities
NEW! Events in your area
ECO Net Connections
Local ECO Networks to Connect with
12 Local ECO Networks have been formed and are meeting on a regular basis to collaborate and coordiante efforts to provide education, communication and outreach on environmental issues for their area. New members interested in getting involved are encouraged to contact the local
ECO Net coordinator.
ECO Net Documents
ECO Net Overview (PDF)
Can I Join?
If you can answer “yes” to the following three questions, you should definitely join ECO Net!
- Do you belong to an organization that is involved with public education, communication or outreach of Puget Sound issues?
- Are you committed to working with others to save Puget Sound by improving and increasing the coordination, communication and effectiveness of education and outreach providers?
- Will you help to implement the Action Agenda to restore Puget Sound?
How Do I Join?
Contact your local ECO Net coordinator and ask to join My Puget Sound and your local ECO Net group!
What are the benefits?
- Opportunities for partnering and leveraging efforts at local ECO Net meetings
- Sharing across the region about what works and what doesn’t
- Access to training, professional development and technical assistance
- Use of online communication tools between members and to the public
- Connection to a regional media and awareness campaign through Puget Sound Starts Here
- Focused and strategic grant opportunities
- Accountability system complete with regional indicators, performance measures and best available science to help clearly track success
- First notice of grant and other funding
opportunities from the Puget Sound Partnership.
ECO Net Contact
Education and Outreach Manager