News from the Puget Sound Partnership
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Partnership's Leadership Council to meet July 10-11 in Mount Vernon
The Puget Sound Partnership’s Leadership Council will meet from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, July 10, and 8:45 a.m. to noon Thursday, July 11, at the Padilla Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve, 10441 Bayview-Edison Road, Mount Vernon. The Leadership Council is the Partnership’s governing body.
Agenda items for Wednesday, July 10, include:
- A roundtable discussion on how to address the challenges of improving nearshore and sensitive habitats. Participants will include representatives from West Sound, San Juans, Department of Natural Resources, Ecology and State Parks.
- A report on the science behind fish consumption rates and human health, by Dr. Elaine Faustman of the University of Washington.
- An overview of monitoring, with a focus on effectiveness monitoring, by Rob Duff from the Department of Ecology.
- An update from the Science Panel on their recent meetings and activities.
Agenda items for Thursday, July 11, include:
- A discussion on 2013 state and federal legislative priorities and 2014 planning.
- A proposal from the Ecosystem Coordination Board regarding ongoing programs.
- A report on Puget Sound Starts Here Phase 2 and the Sound Behavior Index.
- Updates on Puget Sound related work from the Department of Ecology.
These meetings are open to the public and all are welcome to address questions or comments about the regional effort to restore and protect Puget Sound. The full agenda, meeting materials and directions are available at: http://www.psp.wa.gov/LC_meetings.php.
About the Partnership
The Puget Sound Partnership is the organization leading the recovery of Puget Sound. The Partnership coordinates the efforts of citizens, governments, tribes, scientists, businesses and nonprofits to set priorities, implement a regional recovery plan and ensure accountability for results. For more information, go to www.psp.wa.gov.
echo stripslashes($row); ?>
Copyright © 2015 All Rights Reserved
Puget Sound Partnership
1111 Washington Street SE, Olympia, WA 98504-7000
326 East D Street, Tacoma, WA 98421
Phone: 360.464.1232 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Hours: 8am-5pm Monday through Friday
Please send public record requests to email@example.com