FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 12-13 Leadership Council meeting will focus on salmon recovery work
The Puget Sound Partnership’s Leadership Council will meet from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 12, and from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Thursday, March 13, in Room 172 of the Natural Resources Building, 1111 Washington St. S.E., Olympia.
The Leadership Council is the governing body of the Puget Sound Partnership. These meetings are open to the public and all are welcome to provide comment and learn about the regional effort to restore and protect Puget Sound. The full agenda, meeting materials and directions are available at http://www.psp.wa.gov/LC_meetings.php.
The March 12 agenda will focus on a Report Card forum on work related to the region’s salmon habitat and estuary recovery work including:
• A review of Near Term Actions related to habitat for salmon recovered, and recommendations for addressing barriers.
• A report on progress being made on the Legacy Net Removal and Deep Water Net Removal, as identified in the 2012 Action Agenda.
• A panel presentation on riparian buffers and the issues surrounding alignment of voluntary grant programs with salmon recovery and achievement of water quality standards.
The March 13 agenda highlights include:
• Leadership Council input on the 2014 EPA Lead Organization Management Conference engagement process.
• An overview of the approach, framework, and development of human wellbeing and ecological indicators for monitoring the condition of Puget Sound.
About the Partnership
The Puget Sound Partnership is the organization leading the recovery of Puget Sound. The Partnership coordinates the efforts of citizens, governments, tribes, scientists, businesses and nonprofits to set priorities, implement a regional recovery plan and ensure accountability for results. For more information, go to www.psp.wa.gov.
echo stripslashes($row); ?>
Copyright © 2015 All Rights Reserved
Puget Sound Partnership
1111 Washington Street SE, Olympia, WA 98504-7000
326 East D Street, Tacoma, WA 98421
Phone: 360.464.1232 | Email: email@example.com
Business Hours: 8am-5pm Monday through Friday
Please send public record requests to firstname.lastname@example.org