FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Ecosystem Coordination Board will meet Aug. 21 in Edmonds
The Puget Sound Partnership’s Ecosystem Coordination Board will meet from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, in the Brackett Conference Room at Edmonds City Hall, 121 Fifth Ave. N., Edmonds.
The Ecosystem Coordination Board is the policy advisory body of the Puget Sound Partnership. Meeting topics primarily focus on the Partnership’s three strategic initiatives: preventing pollution from urban stormwater runoff, restoring habitat, and recovering shellfish beds.
Agenda highlights include:
• Finalize a funding strategy to advance the Puget Sound Action Agenda’s three strategic initiatives.
• Consider which near-term actions will be included as strategic initiatives in the 2014 Puget Sound Action Agenda.
• Review the 2013-15 large capital projects included in the Puget Sound Acquisition and Restoration fund program, followed by a presentation on the 2015-17 PSAR strategy, draft project list and legislative budget request.
• Discuss watershed-based permits, including consideration of recommendations for the Department of Ecology.
• Learn about the PSP review of existing watershed groups, monitoring gaps, Puget Sound nearshore ecosystem restoration projects, and an independent review of the Puget Sound Ecosystem Monitoring Program by the Ruckelshaus Center.
This meeting is open to the public and all are welcome to address questions or provide comment about the regional effort to restore and protect Puget Sound. The full agenda, meeting materials and directions are available at www.psp.wa.gov/EB_meetings.php.
About the Partnership
The Puget Sound Partnership is the state agency that leads and coordinates the efforts of citizens, governments, tribes, scientists, businesses and nonprofits to set priorities, implement a regional recovery plan and ensure accountability for results. For more information, go to www.psp.wa.gov.
echo stripslashes($row); ?>
Copyright © 2015 All Rights Reserved
Puget Sound Partnership
1111 Washington Street SE, Olympia, WA 98504-7000
326 East D Street, Tacoma, WA 98421
Phone: 360.464.1232 | Email: email@example.com
Business Hours: 8am-5pm Monday through Friday
Please send public record requests to firstname.lastname@example.org